If this Policy changes in the future, we will post an updated version on our website at www.perennial.online. We recommend that you check this website periodically in order to review our current Policy. You can tell if this Policy has changed by checking the Effective Date that appears at the bottom of this Policy. Depending on the circumstances, we may also decide to send you a notice in other ways in our discretion, such as via email or other contact information you have provided that the Policy was changed. If you continue to use our Services after the Policy changed or notice of the change has been given, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
- Information we collect
To run our Services and show you relevant content, we need to know a little about you and your interests. Here we outline what information Perennial collects, and how we collect it.
- What we collect
When you sign-in, an account is created for you. This includes an account on the Ethereum blockchain. All your Campaign activities are tied to this account. “Campaign” means all the activities you undertake while on the Platform, or through third party websites and services. You can choose to use a pseudonym for your account. Actions that you take on the website will then be tied to this pseudonym and the blockchain address associated with your account.
Through these activities and upon your general use of our Platform, we may collect and/or receive the following information:
- your name
- your postal address
- your telephone number
- your email address, or non-email authentication if you are using a mobile device
- your profile picture
- other information you voluntarily submit (e.g., photos)
- your unique mobile device ID number if you access our Services via a mobile application
- your social media account ID and information shared with us via your social media account
- your specific activities on the Platform - for example, tasks you have started or finished, or Campaigns you have shared or promoted
- information expressly provided by you about the issues you care about, as well as inferred by us based on your activities on the Platform (e.g., animal rights, climate change)
- information about you available in public records, or other publicly available databases, accessed through Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) , which, as an example, can be used in the United States to help match citizens with the elected officials who represent them at all levels in government.
- browser and device information
- information collected through pixel tags and other technologies
- demographic information and other non-identifying information provided by you (such as a postal code or general geographic area)
- How we collect it
- User account information: When you register on the Platform, you will be asked to create a user profile that includes information such as your user name, email, password, issues you may be interested in, and skills you may have, as well as your city of interest (if applicable). You may choose to upload photos and provide additional information as well.
- General usage data: When you are signed in to your account, your activities on the Platform (e.g., when you accept a task, complete a task, share information about a Campaign, seek or cancel recommendations for tasks and Campaigns, are tracked and are associated with your account.
- Purchase and payment information: While payments made through our Services are processed through a third party, we may collect information to administer, manage, and fulfill the purchases you make. For example, we may collect your name, email address, account information, what is ordered, the date and time of the order, the quantity and price of the order, whether payment was made, method of payment, purchase history, and if you re-ordered.
- Social media account information: We may obtain certain information through your social media accounts connected to your use of the Platform. Social media websites make information available to all applications through their APIs (e.g., friend lists). The information we receive depends on what information you or the social media website decide to give us. You are not required to give us access to your social media accounts.
- Browser and device information: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (“MAC”) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version.
- Online tracking: Our service providers and any ad networks who help us deliver relevant ads to you may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), and other similar technologies to measure and track general user activities on Perennial and on third party websites.
- Third party analytics providers: We use third party analytics services like Google Analytics provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) on public, pre-login pages of the website. These analytics services use pixel tags and similar technologies to analyze how people use our services and compile statistical reports. Such services may also collect information about your use of other websites. For more information on your choices, please see our section below entitled 'Your privacy choices'.
- Some of this information would not by itself identify you to us or be personally identifiable and is therefore considered non-personal information. If we combine any such non-personal information with other personal information available to us, the combined information will be treated as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- How we may use your information
Here are the ways we might use your information to run our Platform, provide our Services and serve you better content.
- We use your information to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests on the Platform.
- We need your contact information to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We use your information for general business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new Services, enhancing, improving or modifying our Platform, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- We personalize your experience by presenting tasks, Campaigns and offers tailored to you based on what we know about you. We may also send you promotional communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We use your information to allow you to participate in events and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose information about you, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- We use information about your social media account and activities to facilitate social sharing functionality, such as sharing content through the Platform and other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- We use your account information to allow you to send email messages to your email contacts through our Platform. By using this feature, you guarantee that you have the right to use and provide us the names and email addresses you submit.
- We use information about your computer or device to ensure that our website, apps and APIs function properly and are optimized for your computer or device.
- We use pixel tags and other tracking technologies to measure and improve our Services and develop features and functionalities on our website, apps and APIs. For example, if we see that people using a certain device use the Platform the most, we might decide to build an app specifically for that device.
- We use pixel tags on the landing page of better.place, available on any pre-login pages, to improve the relevance of our marketing Campaigns.
- We may use and share aggregated and anonymized information to better understand and serve our users or for optimization of our marketing and ad targeting efforts.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Policy, we may remove personal identifiers from your information and maintain and use it in a de-identified form that may be combined with other information to generate aggregated information. Such de-identified and/or aggregated information will be deemed to be owned by us and we shall have unrestricted title, rights, and interest to the de-identified and/or aggregated information which may include, without limitation, the right to use, distribute, transmit, transfer, license, trade, rent, share, assign, and sell the de-identified and/or aggregated information. We will retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws.
- Who may receive your information
Here we outline when and how information can be shared - either by you via the Platform, or by us. We don’t share your contact details with anyone without your permission.
- The Perennial community
- Your name/pseudonym, social media links that you provide, and accompanying description about you that you provide may be displayed in specific areas of the Platform. This information may be viewable by anyone with access to Perennial. If you do not wish to have your personal information displayed, you may elect not to share it with us, including any social information, your real name, or other details.
- We may identify you to the recipients of messages you may choose to send through our Platform.
Our Platform provides an open forum for communication by users all around the world. We are not required to monitor, verify, or perform any background check on Campaign starters, task doers, or other members of Perennial. Interacting with others on our Platform and the resulting sharing of information is at your own risk.
- Your other social media platforms
- You may voluntarily share information on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including the Perennial pages on Facebook and other social media platforms). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to other Perennial users, social media platform users and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information about yourself via the social sharing features of our platform. For more details regarding posting content to our Platform, please see our Terms of Service.
- Administrative purposes
We may share your information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners (“Service Providers”): We may share information about you with our Service Providers who process information to provide services to us or on our behalf. We have contracts with our Service Providers that prohibit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or receive with anyone else or from using such information for other purposes.
- Fraud prevention: We may disclose the personal information we collect about our users when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
- Law enforcement purposes: If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may have to disclose any information we have about our users. We will use reasonable efforts to challenge, in our sole discretion, any request or order we believe to be unreasonable to gain access to the information you give us by government authorities. If we are required by law to disclose any of your information, if appropriate, we will use reasonable efforts to contact you first so that you may have the opportunity to object to the disclosure. We also may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Sale or merger of our company: We have no plans to sell our business. Nevertheless, in the unlikely event we are to be sold, merged, or amalgamated or substantially all of our assets are to be sold or disposed of, your personal information may be transferred to a potential purchaser if, and to the extent necessary, it is required for the purposes of deciding whether to proceed with the proposed transaction and completing it. If such a sale, merger, acquisition, or disposal is completed, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
- Your privacy choices
- Social media
You can edit or remove the permissions you have granted to Perennial to use information from your social media accounts by using your application privacy settings on your social media account, or removing access altogether through the settings on your profile page on the Platform.
- Email settings
If you no longer want to receive notifications or related emails from Perennial, you may opt out of receiving these by following the instructions contained in any such email.
We will comply with your request(s) within 10 business days. Please also note that if you do opt out of receiving notification or related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages (such as updates about your account or service changes), and you cannot opt out from receiving these messages unless you terminate your account.
- Advertising networks
You may opt out of receiving targeted online advertising from certain advertising networks that may be delivered on webpages that are public and accessible to you prior to logging into our Platform by visiting the following websites:
- Third party analytics companies
To opt out of Google Analytics, please go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. These opt outs may be provided through the use of specific tracking opt out cookies. Please note that if you get a new computer, install a new browser, or erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers), this may also clear the opt out cookie.
- Accessing or deleting your information
If you want, you can ask us for the information we have about your account and even ask us to delete it.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete information that has been previously provided to us by you, you may log in to your account, click on “Settings” and update your profile information.
You can also contact our Privacy Officer at the email address or mailing address listed at the bottom of this Policy and ask us to specify what information we have about you and to delete certain information about you from our records. Please let us know what information you would like us to remove from our databases or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Certain information stored on the Etherium blockchain, associated with your automatically created blockchain address cannot be removed or otherwise edited. This data does not contain personally identifiable information.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for mandatory record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, but such residual information will no longer be tied to your identity.
- Data retention and security
We take a lot of measures to protect your personal information. If you suspect someone else is using your account, let us know.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your information within our organization from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. We take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we process is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current to the extent necessary for the purposes for which we use it. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact details listed at the end of this Policy. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
- Links to other websites
- Children’s online privacy protection
We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonably efforts to delete such personal information from our database.
- Cross-border transfers
Perennial is a global organization. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Platform you consent to the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
- How to contact us
The best way to get in touch with our Privacy Officer is to email our Help Centre. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about this policy. If you have any suggestions for us, feel free to let us know by contacting us at email@example.com or writing to the following address:
Perennial Software Inc.
6-71 Bank Street
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.
Effective Date: 28 March 2017